College of Biological Sciences
202 Life Sciences
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Life Sciences and College Rankings
- UC Davis is ranked as the number one institution (out of 9,370) for awarding undergraduate degrees to minority students in the biological/biomedical academic category. (Diverse Issues in Higher Education, 2011)
- UC Davis listed as one of the Top 50 Life Sciences Universities by Times Higher Education. (2010)
- UC Davis is ranked first nationally in "U.S. Institutions: Most Prolific in Environment/Ecology, 2005-2009." The new ranking is from ScienceWatch (Thomson Reuters).
- The National Reasearch Council (NRC) ranked multiple UC Davis life sciences and research groups in range with the top 10 in the nation. (2010)
- U.S. News & World Report ranked the UC Davis Evolution & Ecology graduate program #3 and all graduate programs in the biological sciences #20 nationally. (2011)
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) ranked UC Davis 1st among UC campuses and 13th nationwide in R&D expenditures (funding) in the Biological Sciences field. (2007)
- Biological Sciences is the most popular major on the UC Davis campus. UC Davis is among the Best 368, the Best Western colleges, and great schools for biology and psychology majors. (The Princeton Review 2009)
- UC Davis confers the highest number of doctoral and bachelor degrees in the biological sciences.
- UC Davis is ranked 10th in the nation in Washington Monthly annual college rankings for 2009. Colleges are rated on recruiting and graduating low-income students, research, and encouraging students to give back to their country.
- College of Biological Science faculty have received national recognition through election to the National Academy of Sciences, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the American Association for the Advancement of Science (Fellows) and selected distinguished awards and fellowships.
For more information about general UC Davis rankings, click here.
For a list of distinguished faculty and awards, click here.